MYI is ready to talk with you about delivering services under the National Disability Insurance Scheme!
Melbourne Youth Initiative provides high quality, specialist services for people with complex behavioural disabilities. We recognise that safe and successful behaviour support services require careful design to meet families’ individual needs, achieve long-term outcomes, and improve quality of life.
The people we work with are:
Children and young people from Melbourne with a disability and complex behavioural needs that may reduce their access to mainstream disability services.
- Minimum of 1:1 skilled support for each child, matched on an individual basis
- Minimum of 1:3 team leaders to support workers, for supervision, mentorship and support
- Volunteers to drive the program with professional support – for the right balance of energy, fun, and skill
- Intensive training (including in Positive Behaviour Support), preparation and debriefing allowing us to maintain a highly skilled Positive Behaviour Support team
- Flexible and individualised recreation programs and support structures
- Use of non-aversive and least restrictive behaviour support techniques (as part of the Positive Behaviour Support model)